ETA holders are permitted to:

  • travel to, and enter Australia on multiple occasions for 12 months from date of grant;
  • remain in Australia for a period not exceeding 3 months from each date of entry into Australia; and
  • study for up to 3 months in Australia.

To apply for an ETA you must

  • currently be outside of Australia;
  • intend to visit Australia for up to 3 months;
  • intend to visit Australia for tourism or business visitor activities;
  • provide details exactly the same as they appear in your passport;
  • have enough money for your stay in Australia;
  • not work in Australia.

To apply online you will need:

  • a copy of your current passport;
  • your credit card details to pay the CHF 40.- (plus MWSt of CHF 3.08) standard service fee.


An ETA application is assessed and finalized by the Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs). Should your ETA application be approved by Home Affairs, you will receive written notification of ETA grant by email from our office. You should not arrange any travel to Australia until you receive an email notification that you hold a valid ETA. Our office incurs no liability for financial loss or otherwise if ETA processing is delayed or your ETA application is not approved by Home Affairs. See Terms of Service.