Work and Holiday Visa


The Work and Holiday Visa is for young people aged between 18 and 30 (inclusive) from eligible countries who want to holiday and work in Australia.  

You must hold a passport issued by one of the countries with which Australia has a Work and Holiday arrangement.

Holders of the following passports may apply for a Work and Holiday Visa via our office:

  • Argentina
  • Austria
  • Chile
  • China
  • Czech Republic
  • Ecuador
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Indonesia
  • Israel
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Peru
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovak Republic
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • Uruguay
  • United States
  • Vietnam

A Work and Holiday Visa allows you to:

  • do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday
  • study for up to 4 months
  • travel to and from Australia as many times as you want during visa validity
  • do specified work in specified areas of Australia to become eligible for a second or third Work and Holiday Visa

To apply you must:

  • have a passport from an eligible country
  • be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) 
  • meet education and English requirements 
  • meet home government support requirements (if applicable)
  • apply from outside Australia via our office
  • not be accompanied by dependent children

To apply for your first Work and Holiday Visa, contact us with the following information:

  • Your nationality (as stated in your passport) and date of birth;
  • Your country of residency and permit validity;
  • Your curriculum vitae; and
  • Your desired entry and departure dates for your Australian holiday.
Applying for a second or third visa?

To apply for a second or third Work and Holiday Visa, you must complete a minimum period of specified work in a specified area of Australia (as defined in the Migration Regulations) whilst on your first or second Work and Holiday Visa. For assistance to apply for a second or third Work and Holiday Visa, contact us

Working Holiday Visa

Passport holders of Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders), Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport), The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland may meet eligibility criteria of the Working Holiday Visa. To apply for a Working Holiday Visa, click here

For Frequently Asked Questions about Work and Holiday Visas, click here